Stylight is Europe's leading search engine for fashion and design. The company enables its 10 million users to search more than 1,200 online shops with one "click", compare the prices of more than 30 million products and find the best offers. Stylight has been a wholly owned subsidiary of ProSiebenSat.1 since July 2016 and has been part of the NuCom Group portfolio since January 2018. Stylight is internationally active in 16 countries, with headquarters in Munich, Germany and an international office in Philadelphia (U.S.).
For us, Stylight is more than just a brand, it’s a name that’s close to our hearts. Everyone at Stylight is fully committed and delivers exceptional team spirit. Together we’re shaping a unique team as well as an inspirational working atmosphere and we want you to be part of it!
We are looking for a Python engineer to join our SEO team in Munich and drive organic user acquisition of Stylight’s 16 domains. As an Engineer, you will work closely with SEO, Marketing and Website teams to optimize web user acquisition, conversion, international expansion, dashboard automation and data pipelines. Are you interested in further optimizing and automating our workflows as well as delivering high-quality software? Then Stylight is your place to be.Your Key Responsibilities
What you bring along
- Build, maintain, and run our scalable architecture. We take pride in building highly performant and failure resistant platforms with a small team.
- Own services from design, development, and testing to continuous integration, monitoring, and support.
- Enjoy what you do, being ready to research and learn new technologies. Be prepared to challenge others.
- Develop applications in a TDD and DDD way with Clean Code Methods.
- Work cross-functionally across other product teams to develop solutions to improve page relevance/richness, internal linking, and indexation rules.
- Develop infrastructure and features to serve the most relevant and engaging search pages and content to Stylight users.
The SEO, Brand & Content Marketing Team
- You love writing code from the bottom of your heart and have ideally 3+ years experience in designing, building and operating complex, scalable systems using Python.
- You are familiar with all domains of software engineering such as continuous delivery, test-driven engineering and running code in production.
- You have a proven track record of driving the user acquisition based on your analytical, problem-solving and engineering skills.
- You want to take responsibility and ownership of the software you produce. “You build it, you run it!” is our general philosophy.
- You have worked with Docker, AWS, NoSQL databases, serverless and microservices.
- You preferably have previous experience dealing with SEO and organic growth.
- You are opinionated and outspoken on engineering best practices but can still maintain friends.
- You have proficient English skills and are able to communicate honestly and openly with your colleagues.
Why join Stylight?
- Is responsible for the visibility of Stylight to the outside world thru Content and SEO measures.
- Makes sure that our platforms are aligned with what people are looking for and follows trends and seasonal keywords.
- Works in an agile and cross-functional environment alongside Content, Push Marketing & SEO Manager.
- Works in an international environment where collaboration, continuous integration and delivery are as vital as morning coffee.
- Enjoys autonomous work as well as pair programming, code reviews and learning together.
Up for the challenge?
- Stylight is #1 Meetup organizer in Munich, and deeply involved in the local tech community.
- Together with Bits & Pretzels, we host daho.am, an annual developer conference with top-notch speakers and over 800 attendees.
- International & highly motivated environment with open business culture in all departments. Our company language is English.
- Hands-on work after quick ramp up & openness to new solutions and improvements.
- A personal development budget is given to you to use throughout the year for personal growth.
- We are family-friendly and enjoy spending time with one another outside of working hours from board game evenings and BBQs to ping pong tournaments and Christmas tree decorating.
- We have one of the coolest office spaces in Munich (and actually in Germany) in the city center, and just a 10-minute walk to the nearest Biergarten.
- Want to know more? Check out: about.stylight.com and tech.stylight.com.
If you want to work in a fun, exciting, challenging and dedicated environment, then don't hesitate and apply today via about.stylight.com/jobs. We're looking forward to reading your complete application (cover letter, CV, references) in English or German! Your contact: Laura Grassl.