Stylight is the leading Style and Shopping Guide, providing more than 10 million users per month worldwide with inspiring shopping experience. Stylight combines digital fashion, beauty, home & living and lifestyle content with curated online shopping. With the seamless affiliation to over 800 partner shops, Stylight’s inspiring content becomes instantly shoppable. The Style and Shopping platform therefore encourages it's users to refine their style everyday. The headquarters of the ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE subsidiary is in Munich along with international offices in both New York (U.S) and London (UK) and is present in 17 countries worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack dev who wants to make an impact. We’re a fashion company but you won’t have to wear the latest fashion. A hoodie or your favorite Docker shirt will do just fine. You don’t speak German? No big deal, we use English as our main language.
Our Tech Stack
- Website backend: Java – yes we love the JVM. And we run everything on Amazon Web Services.
- No Database and all in on microservices? This is the place to be.
- We use Docker to deploy everything and Kubernetes is next. Further tools are Hystrix, New Relic, Proctor, Kibana
- Enjoy what you do, and be willing to teach and learn new technologies.
- Help us build and monitor our highly scalable architecture to support Stylight’s growth. We take pride in building a highly performant and failure resistant platform with a small team.
- Challenge existing work patterns and help us improve the product in our ideation sessions.
- Foster technical excellence in the team. We are big on code reviews, unit testing and integration testing.
- Take full responsibility for a task / feature from ideation, execution to analysing the AB test results.
- You have profound experience in Java, Scala or C#
- You have a “You build it, you run it”-mentality. AWS, Docker and other DevOps technologies are a plus!
- You don’t test in production like Chuck Norris. You have experience in Agile environments.
- You have appreciation for working in a diverse and interdisciplinary environment.
- The website team composed of 4 engineers who are writing code to delight millions of users.
- But hey, that’s not all: it takes a cross-functional setup to form a good party: additional to the engineers we also love to work with our product owner and interface designer to ensure highest quality of our products.
- We do 2 weeks sprints, visualize our tasks on a digital board (Github projects it is!), and do pair-programming.
Why Join Stylight
- Stylight is #1 Meetup organizer in Munich, and deeply involved in the local tech community.
- We organize daho.am, our own annual developer conference. Top-notch speakers and over 400 attendees.
- Hands-on work after quick ramp up: You’ll do your first deploy to production during your first week.
- We’ll give you a personal development budget, to go to conferences, buy books and grow with us.
- International and diverse workplace: 44% non-German and 65% female.
- We have one of the best office spaces in Munich (and actually in Germany)
- Experience Munich: Our office is in the city-center, and just a 10 minutes walk from the nearest biergarten.
- For more information check out: http://tech.stylight.com/
Looking good? Does this sound like the perfect job for you? Then do not hesitate and apply today. We are looking forward to receiving your application. Your contact: Carina Meyer