Stylight is the leading Style and Shopping Guide, providing more than 10 million users per month worldwide with inspiring shopping experience. Stylight combines digital fashion, beauty, home & living and lifestyle content with curated online shopping. With the seamless affiliation to over 800 partner shops, Stylight’s inspiring content becomes instantly shoppable. The Style and Shopping platform therefore encourages it's users to refine their style everyday. The headquarters of the ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE subsidiary is in Munich along with international offices in both New York (U.S) and London (UK) and is present in 17 countries worldwide.
We are looking for a code enthusiast who is interested in further optimizing and automating the technical integration of our partner shops through developing new features for our business teams. We’re a fashion company but you won’t have to wear the latest Karl Lagerfeld. A hoodie or your favorite Docker shirt will do just fine. If delivering high quality software is your number one priority - then Stylight is your place to be.Your Responsibilities
Our Tech Stack
- Develop tools which automate our shop integration processes.
- Build and monitor our scalable architecture to support Stylight’s growth - we take pride in building a highly performant and failure resistant platform with a small team.
- Foster technical excellence in the team. We like code reviews, unit testing and integration testing.
- Enjoy what you do, and be willing to teach and learn new technologies.
- Our server side code is Python (Tornado, Alembic, SqlAlchemy, RQ, Celery).
- You build it, you run it! - We run our systems on Amazon Web Services (EC2, Lambda), use Docker & CircleCI to deploy everything and connect to PostgreSQL/MySQL Databases.
Why Join Stylight?
- You have good experience in Python
- You bring hands-on experience in software development, ideally 2 years or more.
- You have strong communication skills in English.
- You are able to explain technical topics to non-technical colleagues.
- You have ideally worked in an agile, test-driven and interdisciplinary environment before.
- You want to take responsibility and ownership for the software you produce.
- You are open to both old and new and are ready to use the right tool for the right job.
- You see the value of “fail fast, fail often” when you work on a prototype.
Up for the Challenge?
- Stylight is #1 Meetup organizer in Munich, and deeply involved in the local tech community.
- We organize daho.am, our own annual developer conference. Top-notch speakers and over 400 attendees.
- Hands-on work after quick ramp up: You’ll do your first deploy to production during your first week.
- We’ll give you a personal development budget, to go to conferences, buy books and grow with us.
- International and diverse workplace: 44% non-German and 65% female.
- We have one of the best office spaces in Munich (and actually in Germany).
- Experience Munich: Our office is in the city-center, and just a 10 minutes walk from the nearest biergarten.
- For more information check out: tech.stylight.com
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? Then do not hesitate and apply today. Your contact: Carina Meyer.