Stylight is the leading Style and Shopping Guide, providing more than 10 million users per month worldwide with inspiring shopping experience. Stylight combines digital fashion, beauty, home & living and lifestyle content with curated online shopping. With the seamless affiliation to over 800 partner shops, Stylight’s inspiring content becomes instantly shoppable. The Style and Shopping platform therefore encourages it's users to refine their style everyday. The headquarters of the ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE subsidiary is in Munich along with an international office in Philadelphia (U.S) and is present in 17 countries worldwide.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer for our Data Platform to become part of our outstanding development team in Munich. We are responsible to develop new features that help to improve our data gathering and event processing products. If you love to continuously improve and deliver high quality software - then Stylight is the place to be for you!Your Team
- Works in an agile environment applying Scrum to their daily work life
- Takes pride in writing good code and loves test automation
- Knows that `one-size-fits-all` doesn't not apply to tech, we will jump through hoops to use the right tool for the job
- Is curious about our data and always eager to improve the decision-making process
- Perceives teaching and learning as integral part our daily business
- Is not afraid to take responsibility of adapting the new tech like AWS Lambda, Athena, Glue you name it!
- Provide and Improve our central data infrastructure built around AWS Redshift and Data Lakes
- Improve the event processing infrastructure to collect data from company internal microservices
- Scale our ETL processes building on top of Open Source products like Apache Airflow and Kubernetes
- You also care about the operations part of engineering like deployment and monitoring
Why join Stylight?
- We breathe Python! We hope you do too - If not, we expect you to have a strong desire to learn and significant experience in another programming language.
- You bring hands-on experience in software development.
- You have advanced SQL knowledge and enjoy modeling and transforming data.
- You have proficient English skills and are are able to explain a data lake to a small child.
Up for the Challenge?
- Stylight is #1 Meetup organizer in Munich, and deeply involved in the local tech community.
- We organize daho.am, our own annual developer conference. Top-notch speakers and over 1,000 attendees.
- International & highly motivated environment with open business culture in all departments.
- Hands-on work after quick ramp up & openness to new solutions and improvements.
- A personal development budget is given to you to use throughout the year for personal growth.
- We have one of the coolest office spaces in Munich (and actually in Germany).
- Experience Munich: Our office is in the city-center, and just a 10-minute walk to the nearest Biergarten.
- Want to know more? Check out: about.stylight.com and tech.stylight.com.
Then do not hesitate and apply today on about.stylight.com/jobs
. We are looking forward to receiving your complete application (CV, cover letter)! Your contact: Carina Meyer.