Stylight is the leading Style and Shopping Guide, providing more than 10 million users per month worldwide with inspiring shopping experience. Stylight combines digital fashion, beauty, home & living and lifestyle content with curated online shopping. With the seamless affiliation to over 800 partner shops, Stylight’s inspiring content becomes instantly shoppable. The Style and Shopping platform therefore encourages it's users to refine their style everyday. The headquarters of the ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE subsidiary is in Munich along with an international office in Philadelphia (U.S) and is present in 17 countries worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team in Munich. You’re interested in further optimizing and automating the technical integration of our partner shops and delivering high quality software is your number one priority? Then Stylight is your place to be.
- Is responsible for automating and continuously improving the technical integration tools and systems used by our business and finance teams as well as hundreds of business partners.
- Works in an agile and cross-functional environment alongside our sales and partner managers.
- Enjoys autonomous work as well as pair programming, code reviews and learning together.
- Ensuring your team ships quality products and code in accordance with business needs.
- Build, maintain, and monitor our scalable architecture. We take pride in building highly performant and failure resistant platforms with a small team.
- Own services from design, development, and testing to continuous integration, monitoring, and support.
- Enjoy what you do, and be ready to research and learn new technologies.
- Explain technical topics to non-technical colleagues and advocate for your team across the company.
- Mentor, lead, and support other engineers to foster technical excellence in the team. Bring your best practices, challenge the status quo, and set things in motion.
- You bring hands-on experience in software development, ideally 5+ years and have experience in designing, building and operating complex, scalable systems.
- You have significant Python experience and are ready to share what you’ve learned with others.
- You want to take responsibility and ownership for the software you produce. “You build it, you run it!” is our general philosophy.
- You are opinionated and outspoken on engineering best practices, but can still maintain friends.
- You have solid experience with both relational and NoSQL databases.
- You have proficient English skills and are able to communicate honestly and openly with your colleagues.
- You’re excited to work in an environment where collaboration, continuous integration and delivery are as vital as morning coffee.
- Experience with Docker, AWS, and microservice architectures are a very nice plus.
Why join Stylight
- Stylight is #1 Meetup organizer in Munich, and deeply involved in the local tech community.
- We organize daho.am, our own annual developer conference. Top-notch speakers and over 1,000 attendees.
- International & highly motivated environment with open business culture in all departments.
- Hands-on work after quick ramp up & openness to new solutions and improvements.
- A personal development budget is given to you to use throughout the year for personal growth.
- We have one of the coolest office spaces in Munich (and actually in Germany).
- Experience Munich: Our office is in the city-center, and just a 10-minute walk to the nearest Biergarten.
- Want to know more? Check out: about.stylight.com and tech.stylight.com.
Up for the Challenge?
Then do not hesitate and apply today on about.stylight.com/jobs. We are looking forward to receiving your complete application (CV, cover letter) in English or German! Your contact: Carina Meyer.